C.R.O.M. Interactive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Rebels of Openbor & Mugen! Forum for Mugen & Openbor creating and Networking.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Lounge
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» C.R.O.M. The Game!
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 am by Doom

» Camp Crystal Lake Trail
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 12:35 pm by Rage

» Ancient Island
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 5:53 pm by Alpyne_D

» Scorn 2.0 Halloween Release!!!!!!
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:07 pm by C.R.O.M._supaman2525

» Lost Swamp
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 pm by Alpyne_D

» Green Of Forest
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm by Alpyne_D

» Executive Lobby
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 2:13 pm by Alpyne_D

» Supaman2525 Stage release:WWE Arena
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 10:42 am by Enso

» AoF 2 Airport (1.0) [Alpyne D Edition]
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 6:00 am by Alpyne_D

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 285 on Tue May 25, 2021 8:50 am

Lando's small Skin shading tutorial. lol

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lando
Admin
Admin
Lando

Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol Empty
PostSubject: Lando's small Skin shading tutorial. lol   Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Hey there peoples. well as spriting and spriters there are tons of styles and everyone has they own methods and some follow standard rules for what they are trying to make. here is just a simple lil tut i made for a bro trying to learn a bit about shading using an MVC character as a base . yo imma just give you a small idea of shading and following the color hue patterns. this is for skin shading but as well can be used for almost any color shading using mvc style and as well various others.

Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol Cableskinshadingovercolors_zps4c68b453

for me Cable works out great for this cause he has more "open" shades to work with thats clear. Cyclops is a bit rough cause he has many blues on top of blues. lol  they can be changed tho once you start nailing how to alter the shading path to how you want and understanding light source of the style and the outfits path.

i took basic cable stance and i only used the shades from his face to make his skin as whats in his face should also be in his skin tone. same skin shade corrosponding with the colored shades since its a tight frame forming outfit. patterns. light colored blue goes with a light colored skin, then keep that same method going till you get to darkest color. follow the path of the basic shade and use the skin shades to follow the same path. every spriter does this or their own way depending on what skin shade or outfit colored shade they want to use to color an outift or part. i used rogue once and just to practice i made an alt outfit by doing this. same can be done to all characters but depending on how their outfit is and colors used VS what you want your colors to be will vary depending on what your trying to make or transform the character to.

an old alt outfit Rogue edit i made
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol Newrogue

if you want to add more muscle structures and lines then you have to either use someone ripped in tone as an example to do those or look at how someone is buit and try to emulate using similar method with sprite pixels. each shade represents something to a sprite.Light source for where light is hitting a section from angles, transitional color the next color darker than the light usually sets the contrast and then the darker shade down sets the shadow effect of void of light in that area based on position and where the light is not hitting directly. then last darkest color is where light is hitting the least.  look at both cable basic and the skin tone to se exactly what i mean. hope this helps so far for some ideas of skin shading and color shading.

this is an old edit ( might be a one day last public wip...not sure tho but its on my to do list lol0
Shyla Supreme (original character but in the vein of marvel Gladiator colors and such)
Lando's small Skin shading tutorial.  lol Shylasupreme
a product of all kinds of shading but as well frankenspriting.

well there ya have that. its not a super in depth tut but one of many i follow and have used for both cvs and Mvc shading as best i can. There are others out there that go farther into more things simple and complex. this is just a basic start for skin shading but i have learned to apply the method to any style and even my own varients. hope this works for those who dont know or want to learn a basic step. i may do another as well with some form of franken spriting and an hd spriting using bases that i try to do. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://crominteractive.forumotion.com

Lando's small Skin shading tutorial. lol
Page 1 of 1